| JOB OPPORTUNITY IN TORU INSTITUTE |
Post: Senior Associate in Finance Department
Who are we?
Toru Institute for Inclusive Innovation is on a mission to build an inclusive Bangladesh through locally built innovations. We develop skills necessary to nurture innovators across private, public, and civil sectors; many of who will go on to address social challenges through sustainable and scalable business models. Our endeavors are geared towards not only building entrepreneurs but also transformative leaders who will ultimately go on to change systems, influence policies, and become role models for our communities.
Since our inception in 2014, we have supported 6 early stage social innovators across the education, health, fintech and energy sector, whose collective impact has touched more than 5.4 million people in Bangladesh. In addition to that, we have trained over 1000 social innovators through workshops and other hands-on-learning programs. In next 10 years, we aim to equip 10 million youth with the innovator’s mindset and enable 100 IMPACTpreneurs who will change the lives of every 1 in 10 people in Bangladesh.
What do we value most?
We live our values- inside and out. Starting from everyday activities to strategic decisions, our values guide our approach and work. Here are the six values that we uphold as proud members of “Torufic” community.
- Spread love & laughter. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Be empathetic. Experience it, live it.
- Be curious. Delearn, learn, and relearn. Repeat.
- Build together with honesty, commitment and accountability.
- Love the problem, NOT the solution.
- The race towards impact is a marathon, start now.
Why does our team need you?
At Toru, we believe that the right tools, access, and opportunities are critical not only for entrepreneurs and innovators, but also for our team members to grow as Experts in their fields. We highly value knowledge creation and storytelling as an approach to achieve the desired impact we want to see in the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem. Knowledge Management (KM) is one of the most important pillars of our institution and we are looking for a driven, passionate, and competent individual to build it with us.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Growth and comfort cannot coexist. If you are looking for an opportunity to step outside your comfort zone to explore the emerging field of innovation, this is the right place for you. We are looking for a teammate who has the following qualifications, in addition to unlimited passion for social impact and innovation.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in the field of Accounts, Finance, Internal Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax).
- Minimum Undergraduate degree, preferably Masters/ACCA/CA/ICMA/CFA part qualified.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of modern Financial Management.
We believe that your soft skills are as important as the hard skills you learnt at university or at work. If you are a natural problem solver, quick learner, and an awesome team player; welcome in advance.
How will you support the team?
The Senior Associate will report to the Head of Enterprise Design. She/he will work closely with other teams and be accountable for the following roles:
- Controlling expenditures and obligations of Toru according to the manual, local GAAP and IFRS.
- Devote the whole of working time, attention and skills to business of Toru.
- Develop financial reporting for programs.
- Provide the support to prepare the financial statements.
- Ensure communications deliverables are developed and submitted on time to internal and external stakeholders.
What are we offering?
Apart from the challenges that come with the job and lots of fun in creating innovative solutions, we also offer a competitive salary.
If interested, please mail your CV to email@example.com